Hello, guys, if you have bought the newly launched Poco X3 smartphone and want to Root Poco X3 with the help of Magisk, then this guide is for you.
In this guide, we have shared the easy way to root this phone. With the help of this guide, you will be able to Root Poco X3 without any difficulty.
As we know that Poco has recently launched the Poco X3, and users who bought this device are now trying to find a safe way to root Poco X3 on the Google search engine.
Specification about Poco X3
Xiaomi sub-brand POCO has released its new flagship phone Poco X3, which has just been released in the Indian market.
A few months ago the company released it’s Poco X2, after that the company has now launched its new phone Poco X3, some experts have said that this mobile will be unique compared to the design of the earlier Poco X2.
This Poco X3 comes with a 6.5-inch full HD+ IPS LCD dual punch-hole display, protected with Gorilla Glass 3, the resolution of this phone’s display (1080 x 2340), and weight is 218 grams.
Poco X3 comes with a Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 Octa-core chipset and Adreno 650 GPU, which is a better combination for performance.
Talking about the camera setup of the Poco X3, it comes with a quad-camera setup on the back, which has a 64-megapixel primary camera, a 5-megapixel (ultra wide) lens, then a 5-megapixel macro lens, and then an 8-megapixel depth camera.
The Poco X3 is available in two RAM variants, with 6GB RAM + 128GB storage and will be priced at 195.29 EUR (about Rs 17,000), and 8GB of RAM and 256GB of internal storage and is priced at 229 EUR (around Rs 20,000).
Poco X3 runs on MIUI 12 based on Android 10, and talking about the battery, Poco X3 has a 4700 mAh battery and it supports 30W fast charging, which is going to give you a lot of battery life.
Before proceeding to this guide, it is important to know What is Root? And what are the advantages and disadvantages of rooting any Android device?
What is Rooting Android?
The root is a process of gaining complete control over Android devices. It is done to get more powerful features on any Android device. By rooting you can downclock or overclock the CPU with the help of third-party apps. Also, you can change the user interface to the next level by installing custom ROMs, Modules, and much more.
Pros of Rooting Poco X3?
- You can Customize your phone according to your requirements.
- Easily Flash Custom Rom.
- Full control over the smartphone.
- Allows unsupported applications and games to be installed.
Cons of Rooting Poco X3?
- You will lose your Phone Warranty.
- If you apply any wrong steps can brick your phone.
- Your phone will no longer be secure.
Required Files Download Links:
- Fully charge your Poco X3 or at least 75% of battery available. If not, then there is a high risk of being stuck in between the process.
- You will need a PC / laptop to run the ADB command.
- Take Complete backup of android.
- This guide will only work on Poco X3, do not try this guide on any other android device.
Steps to Root Poco X3:
Step 1: Unlock the Bootloader On Poco X3
Step 2: Install TWRP Recovery On Poco X3
Step 3: Root Poco X3 Using Magisk Method
Warning! All the Steps/ methods shown in this website are Not tested for every smartphone.
If anything happens to your smartphone, We are Not Responsible For Any Loss or Damage to your Smartphone. So, try these steps with your Own Risk!
Step 1: Unlock Bootloader On Poco X3?
Unlocking the Bootloader on Poco X3 is the most essential step to customize your device. If you want to install a custom ROM on your smartphone and you are planning to Root Poco X3 device then you must need to unlock your phone bootloader first.
Without unlocking you cannot Root or Install Custom ROM on this device. So, let’s know How to Unlock Bootloader On Poco X3.
- First, enable the Developer Option
- Then enable OEM Unlock and USB debugging, these settings you will find under developer options.
- You need to download the Mi Flash tool and run it on your PC.
- Next, sign in to your existing Mi Account in the Mi Flash tool.
- Once done, boot your phone in fastboot mode and unlock the phone with the help of Mi Flashtool.
Check out this detailed step-by-step comprehensive guide to Unlock bootloader On Xiaomi devices with screenshots.
Step 2: Install TWRP Recovery On Poco X3?
Make sure to complete the prerequisites mentioned above before you proceed.
- First of all, download the Platform Zip and extract it – I have given the download link in the Download section
- After that, you need to download the TWRP recovery file of your Poco X3, you can download it from the Official Website
- Then extract the Platform Zip file to your desktop
- Now copy the TWRP Recovery.img file to the Platform folder
- Rename the recovery file to twrp.img
- Before connecting your phone to the PC, the most important step is to enable Developer options.
To do this ( Go to Settings → System → About Phone and then tap the build number 7 times)
- Next step, Enable the USB Debugging option in settings
To do this (Go to Settings → Developer Options and enable USB Debugging option)
- Then boot your phone in fastboot mode.
To do this (Switch off your phone and Press Volume down button and Power button at the same time, don’t release keys until fastboot mode is opened)
- Now type “CMD” in the address bar of the platform tool folder and then press Enter.
- As soon as you press Enter, a command window will open.
- Then connect your smartphone to PC/ Laptop and type the following command. (Remember, if you see a permission popup on your phone, then allow)
adb reboot bootloader
- The above command will boot your phone in bootloader mode.
- Once your phone boots in bootloader mode, then type the below command.
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
- Wait for some time until the flashing process is complete. Once done, type the last command to reboot the device.
- That’s it, you have successfully installed TWRP Recovery on Poco X3.
Step 3: Root Poco X3 Using Magisk
Magisk is a very superior and safest way to root android. And the best part of this method is that you will receive the OTA updates, and you will be able to use banking apps without any problems.
- First of all, download the latest Magisk App (Magisk Zip) file on your phone, Check out Download Section for Download Link.
- Then rename the downloaded Magisk apk file extension .apk to .zip.
- Move the Magisk zip file to your phone’s internal storage.
- And make sure you have a Custom Recovery installed on your phone.
- Now Boot your Poco X3 to Recovery Mode by pressing Volume Down + Power Button at the same time until you see the Boot Animation.
- Tap on Install from the TWRP Recovery page.
- Now locate Magisk.Zip file from your internal storage and select it.
- After Tap on Swipe To Confirm Flash.
- Then Reboot your phone.
- Once your phone boots up, install Magisk Manager APK.
- You have Successfully Rooted your Poco X3 device.
How to check if Poco X3 has been successfully rooted?
If you want to verify the status of the root on Poco X3 then follow the steps shown below.
- First of all download Root Checker App from Google Play Store.
- Then Open the App → Click “Verify Root”.
- Now, here you will see the message “Congratulations! Root Access is properly installed on this device” if your device has been successfully rooted.
How to Unroot your Android Device?
If you want to Unroot your phone, you can Unroot your phone by uninstalling Magisk directly from the App, to do this follow the steps given below.
- First, Open Magisk Manager app.
- You will see the ‘uninstall’ option at the bottom, click on it.
- Then a pop-up screen will launch, in that you have to select ‘Complete uninstall’.
- Now the Magisk Manager app will ask permission, grant that by clicking Allow.
- Then it will automatically download the uninstaller package and it will reboot your phone.
You May Also Like:
So, I have shown you the complete Step-by-Step guide on how to Root Poco X3 smartphone. I hope you find this article useful and informative.
If you have any doubts or issues related to this guide, then do let me know in the comment section below. I will try to resolve your problems as soon as possible.
Thank you! for reading this article until the end and don’t forget to share this article with Poco X3 users.
2 thoughts on “How to Root Poco X3 Using Magisk [3 Easy STEPS]”
Will using magisk wipe my data on the phone?