Hello, guys, if you have bought the Redmi Note 7 Pro smartphone and want to Root Redmi Note 7 Pro with the help of Magisk, then this guide is for you.
Magisk method allows you to completely customize and control the android system, plus you can use many Amazing modules with the help of Magisk Manager.
So today in this guide, we have used the most popular magisk method to root the Redmi Note 7 Pro.
This guide is very straightforward. You just have to follow the steps carefully.
I am saying this to you because rooting an Android phone is a complicated process. In such a situation, it is very tough to find out which method will work for your phone.
But you don’t have to worry at all, just you have to follow the steps given below, and you will be able to easily root the Redmi Note 7 Pro smartphone.
Below I have shown you a detailed specifications abut Redmi Note 7 Pro.
Table of Contents
Detailed Specification: Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Pro
The Redmi Note 7 Pro comes with a 6.3-inch Full HD+ IPS LCD display, protected with Gorilla Glass 5, the resolution of this phone’s display (1080 x 2340), and weight is 186 grams.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Pro powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 675 (11 nm) Octa-core chipset and Adreno 612 GPU, which is a better combination for performance.
Talking about the camera setup of the Redmi Note 7 Pro, it comes with a Dual-camera setup on the back, which has a 48-megapixel primary camera, and then 5-megapixel depth camera.
Redmi Note 7 Pro runs on MIUI 12 based on Android 10, and talking about the battery, Redmi Note 7 Pro has a 4000 mAh battery, and it supports 18W fast charging and Quick Charge 4, Which gives you a minimum of one-day battery backup.
Before proceeding to this guide, it is important to know What is Magisk? and What is Root? and what are the benefits and drawbacks of rooting any Android device?
What is Magisk?
Magisk is the most popular Rooting solution for Android smartphones, developed by John Wu.
By using Magisk, you can easily root Android smartphone in a very efficient way.
You can not only root your Android phone using Magisk, as well as you will also be able to enjoy many other amazing features like Magisk Hide, maintain root permissions to third-party apps, and MagiskSU.
The best thing about Magisk is that it does not trigger Google’s SafetyNet, it means that you will be able to run banking apps without any problems.
What is Rooting Android?
The root is a process of gaining complete control over Android devices. It is done to get more powerful features on any Android device. By rooting you can downclock or overclock the CPU with the help of third-party apps.
Also, you can change the user interface to the next level by installing custom ROMs, Modules, and much more.
Benefits of Rooting Redmi Note 7 Pro?
- You can Customize your phone according to your requirements.
- Easily Flash Custom Rom.
- Full control over the smartphone.
- Allows unsupported applications and games to be installed.
Drawbacks of Rooting Redmi Note 7 Pro?
- You will lose your Device Warranty.
- If you apply any wrong steps can brick your phone.
- Your Redmi Note 7 Pro will no longer be secure.
- TWRP file for Redmi Note 7 Pro
- Download ADB and Fastboot Drivers on your PC
- Latest Magisk App (Magisk Zip)
- Xiaomi USB Driver – Optional
- Fully charge your Redmi Note 7 Pro or at least 75% of battery available. If not, then there is a high risk of being stuck in between the process.
- You will need a PC/ laptop to run the ADB command.
- Make sure Take a Complete backup of android.
- This guide will only work on Redmi Note 7 Pro, do not try this guide on any other android device.
Warning! All the Steps/ methods shown in this website are Not tested for every smartphone.
If anything happens to your smartphone, We are Not Responsible For Any Loss or Damage to your Smartphone. So, try these steps with your Own Risk!
Now that you have learned about the advantages and disadvantages of rooting Redmi Note 7 Pro smartphone let’s straight jump into the process.1
Guide to Unlock Bootloader On Redmi Note 7 Pro?
Unlocking the Bootloader on Redmi Note 7 Pro is the most essential step to customize your device.
If you want to install a custom ROM on your smartphone and you are planning to Root Redmi Note 7 Pro device then you must need to unlock your phone bootloader first.
Without unlocking you cannot Root or Install Custom ROM on this device.
So, let’s know How to Unlock Bootloader On Redmi Note 7 Pro.
- First, enable the Developer Option
- Then enable OEM Unlock and USB debugging, these settings you will find under developer options.
- You need to download the Mi Flash tool and run it on your PC.
- Next, sign in to your existing Mi Account in the Mi Flash tool.
- Once done, boot your phone in fastboot mode and unlock the phone with the help of Mi Flash tool.
Check out this detailed step-by-step comprehensive guide to Unlock bootloader On Xiaomi devices with screenshots.2
Guide to Install TWRP Recovery on Redmi Note 7 Pro Using Fastboot
Make sure to complete the prerequisites mentioned above before you proceed.
- First, Enable the OEM Unlock and USB debugging, these settings you will find under Developer Options.
- Then connect your smartphone to PC/ Laptop.
- Extract the ADB and Fastboot drivers file to your desktop
- Now type “CMD” in the address bar of the platform tool folder and then press Enter.
- As soon as you press Enter, a command window will open.
- Once done, type the following command.
adb reboot bootloader
- The above command will Reboot your Redmi Note 7 Pro into the fastboot mode. (Remember, if you see a permission popup on your phone, then allow)
- Once your phone boots in fastboot mode, then type the below command to flash the TWRP image file.
fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.2.3-violet.img
- Wait for some time until the flashing process is complete. Once done, type the last command to reboot the device.
- That’s it, you have successfully installed TWRP Recovery on Redmi Note 7 Pro.
Root Redmi Note 7 Pro by flashing Magisk ZIP file
Magisk is a very superior and safest way to root android. And the best part of this method is that you will receive the OTA updates, and you will be able to use banking apps without any problems.
- First of all, download the latest Magisk App (Magisk Zip) file on your phone, Check out Download Section for Download Link.
- Move the Magisk zip file to your phone’s internal storage.
- Make sure you have a Custom Recovery installed on your phone.
- Now Boot your Redmi Note 7 Pro to Recovery Mode by pressing Volume Up + Power Button at the same time until you see the Boot Animation.
- Tap on Install from the TWRP Recovery page.
- Now locate Magisk.Zip file from your internal storage and select it.
- After Tap on Swipe to Confirm Flash.
- Then Next flash Lazy Flasher zip file, Otherwise, your phone will not boot.
- Now, Reboot your phone.
- Once your phone boots up, install Magisk Manager APK.
- You have Successfully Rooted your Redmi Note 7 Pro device.
How to check if Redmi Note 7 Pro has been successfully rooted?
If you want to verify the status of the root on Redmi Note 7 Pro then follow the steps shown below.
- First of all download Root Checker App from Google Play Store.
- Then Open the App → Click “Verify Root”.
- Now, here you will see the message “Congratulations! Root Access is properly installed on this device” if your device has been successfully rooted.
Must Read: Root Mi Note 10 Lite
How to Completely Unroot your Android Device?
If you want to Unroot your phone, you can Unroot your phone by uninstalling Magisk directly from the App, to do this follow the steps given below.
- First, Open Magisk Manager App.
- You will see the ‘uninstall’ option at the bottom, click on it.
- Then a pop-up screen will launch, in that you have to select ”Complete uninstall”.
- Now the Magisk Manager app will ask permission, grant that by clicking Allow.
- Then it will automatically download the uninstaller package and it will reboot your phone.
Must See: Root Realme 7 Pro
Wrapping UP –
So, I have shown you the complete Step-by-Step guide on how to Root Redmi Note 7 Pro smartphone. I hope you find this article useful and informative.
If you have any doubts or issues related to this guide, then do let me know in the comment section below. I will try to resolve your problems as soon as possible.
Thank you! for reading this article until the end and don’t forget to share this article with Redmi Note 7 Pro users.