Today in this article, I have come up with a detailed Step-by-step guide on how to Root Samsung J2 Without PC.
So, hello guys how are you? I hope you are having a fantastic day.
This guide is very straightforward, you just have to follow the steps carefully. I have shown you a total of 4 ways by which you can easily root your Samsung Galaxy J2 without any interruption.
To root your smartphone, you can use any of these four methods shown below. If any method fails, you can try the remaining methods.
I am saying this to you because rooting an Android phone is a complicated process. In such a situation, it is very tough to find out which method will work for your phone.
But you don’t have to worry at all, just you have to follow the methods given below, and you will be able to Root Samsung Galaxy J2 smartphone easily.
Table of Contents
Detailed Specification: Samsung Galaxy J2
Samsung Galaxy J2 comes with a 4.7-inch Full HD+ Super AMOLED display, the resolution of this phone’s display (540 x 960), and weight is 129 grams.
This phone powered by Exynos 3475 Quad (28 nm) Quad -core chipset and Mali-T720 GPU, which is a better combination for performance.
Talking about the camera setup of Samsung Galaxy J2, it comes with a single 5 megapixel camera, and an 2 megapixel camera for the front camera.
Samsung Galaxy J2 runs on Android 5.1.1 (Lollipop), and talking about the battery, Galaxy J7 Prime has a 2000 mAh battery, Which gives you a minimum of one-day battery backup.
Before proceeding to this guide, it is important to know What is Root? and what are the benefits and drawbacks of rooting any Android device?
What is Rooting Android?
The root is a process of gaining complete control over Android devices. It is done to get more powerful features on any Android device. By rooting you can downclock or overclock the CPU with the help of third-party apps.
Also, you can change the user interface to the next level by installing custom ROMs, Modules, and much more.
Benefits of Rooting Samsung Galaxy J2?
- You can Customize your phone according to your requirements.
- Easily Flash Custom Rom.
- Full control over the smartphone.
- Allows unsupported applications and games to be installed.
Drawbacks of Rooting Samsung Galaxy J2?
- You will lose your Device Warranty.
- If you apply any wrong steps can brick your phone.
- Your Galaxy J7 Prime will no longer be secure.
- Not be able to install OTA Updates on your phone.
- First, Fully charge your Samsung Galaxy J2. If not, then there is a high risk of been stuck in between the process.
- Make sure your phone Bootloader is unlocked.
- Install a custom recovery like TWRP to flash files.
- Then, Take Full Backup of your Android Phone.
- Download Latest Magisk App 23.0 (You can convert this file into .ZIP file and. APK file by renaming the file extension like Magisk-v22.1.apk → Magisk-v22.1.zip.)
- This guide is only for rooting Samsung Galaxy J2 device. Do not try this method on any other smartphone. otherwise, your phone may become unusable and dead.
Warning! All the Steps/ methods shown in this website are Not tested for every smartphone.
If anything happens to your smartphone, We are Not Responsible For Any Loss or Damage to your Smartphone. So, try these steps with your Own Risk!
Method 1 – How to Root Samsung J2 Using Magisk
Magisk root method is a very advanced and safest method. And the best part of this method is that you will receive the OTA update, and you will be able to use banking apps without any problems.
- First of all, download the latest Magisk App (Magisk Zip) file on your phone.
- Then rename the downloaded Magisk apk file extension .apk to .zip.
- Move the Magisk zip file to your phone’s internal storage.
- Make sure you have a Custom Recovery installed on your phone.
- Now Boot your Samsung Galaxy J2 to Recovery Mode by pressing Volume Down + Power Button at the same time until you see the Boot Animation.
- Tap on Install from the TWRP Recovery page.
- Now locate Magisk.Zip file from your internal storage and select it.
- Then Tap on Swipe To Confirm Flash.
- Now Reboot your phone.
- Once your phone boots up, install Magisk Manager APK.
- You have Successfully Rooted you Samsung Galaxy J2 device.
Must Read: Root Samsung J7 Prime
Method 2 – Root Samsung Galaxy J2 Using SuperSU
This method is the most commonly used Rooting method. For this method, we need TWRP recovery or any Custom recovery.
- First of all, download the latest SuperSU Zip file on your phone.
- Next, Move the SuperSU Zip file to your phone’s internal storage.
- Make sure you have a Custom Recovery installed on your phone.
- Now Boot your Samsung Galaxy J2 to Recovery Mode.
- Tap on Install from the TWRP recovery page.
- Now locate the SuperSU Zip file from your internal storage.
- Select the Zip file and Swipe to confirm flash.
- The flashing process will start, once the flash process complete.
- Now, tap on reboot system.
- That’s it 🙂
- You have Successfully Rooted your Samsung Galaxy J2 smartphone.
Must See: How to Root Samsung A21s
Method 3 – How to Root Samsung J2 With KingRoot (Without PC)
If you are looking for a method in which there is no PC is requires then KingoRoot is the best option to Root Samsung Galaxy J2 without PC.
- First of all, you have to download the latest KingoRoot APK.
- After that, Go to Settings then Security and then Enable Unknown Source option.
- Install this APK file on your phone.
- Now open the Kingoroot App and tap on One Click Root button.
- Your phone may reboot several times, so do not panic.
- Wait a few minutes and let the process complete.
- That’s pretty much it 🙂
Read Here: Root Samsung Galaxy A71
Method 4 – How to Root Samsung J2 With PC
You can also root the Galaxy j7 prime with the help of this software, so let’s know how:
- First, download and install OneClickRoot Software on your PC/ Laptop
- Now Run this software
- Then connect your device to the PC with the original USB cable
- Once your device is detected, click on ”Root Now.”
- That’s IT 🙂
So, I have shown you the complete Step-by-Step guide on how to Root Samsung J2 Without PC smartphone. I hope you find this article useful and informative.
If you have any doubts or issues related to this guide, then do let me know in the comment section below. I will try to resolve your problems as soon as possible.
Thank you! for reading this article until the end and don’t forget to share this article with Samsung Galaxy J2 users.