Hello, how are you? I hope you are having a fantastic day. Today in this article, I am going to show you how to Root Motorola Moto G42 smartphone.
This guide is very easy and straightforward. You just have to follow the steps carefully.
I have shown you a total of 3 ways by which you can easily root your phone without any interruption.
To root your smartphone, you can use any of these three methods shown below. If any method fails, you can try the remaining methods.
I am saying this to you because rooting an Android phone is a complicated process. In such a situation, it is very tough to find out which method will work for your phone.
But you don’t have to worry at all, just you have to follow the methods given below, and you will be able to Root Motorola Moto G42 smartphone easily.
What Is Rooting?
Rooting an Android simply means giving your phone a superpower. Once you root your phone, you have full control over your Android System. After rooting your phone, you can install a Custom Kernel, Custom ROM, unlock your phone and remove pre-installed applications.
But before you root your phone, it is very important to know the advantages and disadvantages of rooting an android device.
Pro’s or Advantages Of Rooting the Motorola Moto G42?
Here are some Advantages of Rooting Motorola Moto G42
- After rooting, you can Customize your phone according to your requirements.
- You can Flash Custom Rom.
- Users will have Full Control over the smartphone.
- You can easily Take a Complete Backup of your Android phone.
- This allows Unsupported Applications and games to be installed.
Cons or Disadvantages Of Rooting the Motorola Moto G42?
Here are some Disadvantages of Rooting Motorola Moto G42
- If you root your Motorola Moto G42, you will lose your Phone Warranty.
- You will not be able to receive System Updates from your phone manufacturer.
- If you miss any steps while rooting, your phone may become Completely Dead.
- You will not be able to install OTA updates on your phone.
Details about Motorola Moto G42
Motorola recently announced a new phone called Motorola Moto G42, it was a midrange flagship smartphone. This smartphone comes with good specs and unique design according to its price.
This Motorola Moto G42 comes with a 6.4-inch FHD+ AMOLED display with 20:9 aspect ratio , along with the screen resolution (1080 x 2400) of this phone.
Motorola Moto G42 comes with a Qualcomm Snapdragon 680 4G (6 nm) Octa-core chipset and Adreno 610 GPU, which is a better combination for performance.
Talking about the camera, the Motorola Moto G42 comes with a Triple camera set up, which has a 50-megapixel primary camera, then an 8-megapixel ultrawide camera, and then a 2-megapixel macro sensor.
Motorola Moto G42 runs on Android 12, and talking about the battery, Motorola Moto G42 has a 5000 mAh battery with 18W fast charging, which is going to give you a lot of battery life.
// Specs Source: Gsmarena
- First, Fully charge your Motorola Moto G42. If not, then there is a high risk of been stuck in between the process.
- Make sure your phone Bootloader is unlocked.
- Install a custom recovery like TWRP to flash files.
- Also, Take Full Backup of your Android Phone.
- This guide is only for rooting the Motorola Moto G42 device. Do not try this method on any other smartphone. otherwise, your phone may become unusable and dead.
Must See: How to Root Motorola Moto G62 5G?
Now that you have learned about the advantages and disadvantages of rooting Motorola Moto G42 smartphone let’s straight jump into the process.
Let’s Root Motorola Moto G42
Warning! All the Tutorials/ methods shown in this website are not tested for every smartphone. Since the rooting process is almost the same for every smartphone.
If anything happens to your smartphone GuidetoRoot.com is not responsible for any kind of loss and damage (like bricked, stuck in boot screen) to your smartphone.
So, try these methods with your Own Risk!
Method #1 – Root Motorola Moto G42 Using Magisk
Magisk root method is a very advanced and safest method. And the best part of this method is that you will receive the OTA update, and you will be able to use banking apps without any problems.
- First of all, download the latest Magisk App (Magisk Zip) file on your phone.
- Then rename the downloaded Magisk apk file extension .apk to .zip.
- Move the Magisk zip file to your phone’s internal storage.
- And make sure you have a Custom Recovery installed on your phone.
- Now Boot your Motorola Moto G42 to Recovery Mode by pressing Volume Down + Power Button at the same time until you see the Boot Animation.
- Tap on Install from the TWRP Recovery page.
- Now locate Magisk.Zip file from your internal storage and select it.
- After Tap on Swipe To Confirm Flash.
- Then Reboot your phone.
- Once your phone boots up, install Magisk App APK.
- You have Successfully Rooted your Motorola Moto G42 device.
Must Read: Root Motorola Moto G51 5G?
Method #2 – Root Motorola Moto G42 By SuperSU
This method is the most commonly used Rooting method. For this method, we need TWRP recovery or any Custom recovery.
- First of all, download the latest SuperSU Zip file on your phone.
- Next, Move the SuperSU.Zip file to your phone’s internal storage.
- Make sure you have a Custom Recovery installed on your phone.
- Now Boot your Motorola Moto G42 to Recovery Mode.
- Tap on Install from the TWRP recovery page.
- Now locate the SuperSU Zip file from your internal storage.
- Select the Zip file and Swipe to Install.
- After the flashing process is complete, tap on the Reboot System.
- That’s it. You have Successfully Rooted your Motorola Moto G42 smartphone.
Must See: How to Root Motorola Moto E40?
Method #3 – Root Motorola Moto G42 By KingoRoot App
If you are looking for a method in which there is no PC is requires then KingoRoot is the best option to Root Motorola Moto G42 Without PC.
- First of all, you have to download the latest KingoRoot APK.
- After that, Go to Settings then Security and then Enable Unknown Source option.
- Install this APK file on your phone.
- Now open the Kingoroot App and tap on One Click Root button.
- Your phone may reboot several times, so do not panic.
- Wait a few minutes and let the process complete.
- That’s pretty much it 🙂
Must Learn: Root Motorola Moto E30?
How to Check if Your Motorola Moto G42 Is Rooted Successfully or Not?
If you want to confirm the Root status and you want to check if your Motorola Moto G42 is Rooted successfully or not, follow the steps given below.
- First, download the Root Checker App from the Google Play Store.
- Then Open the app.
- After that, Click on “Verify Root”.
- Now, here you will see the message “Congratulations! Root access is properly installed on this device” if your device has been rooted successfully.
You may also Read: Common Problems In Motorola Moto G42? Let’s Know HOW TO FIX THEM!
So, I have shown you the complete Step-by-Step guide on how to Root Motorola Moto G42 smartphone. I hope you find this article useful and informative.
Which method do you want to try first with this guide?
If you have any doubts or questions related to this guide, do let me know in the comment section below, and I will try to resolve your issue as soon as possible.
Thank 🙂 you for reading this article until the end and don’t forget to share this article with your friends.