Hello, today, in this article, I will show you how to Root Moto G100 smartphone.
This guide is very straightforward. You just have to follow the steps carefully, I have shown you a total of 2 easy ways by which you can easily root your phone without interruption.
To root your smartphone, you can use any of these three methods shown below. If any method fails, you can try the remaining methods.
I am saying this to you because rooting an android phone is a complicated process. In such a situation, it is very tough to find out which method will work for your phone.
But you don’t have to worry at all, just you have to follow the methods given below, and you will be able to Root Moto G100 smartphone easily.
Table of Contents
Moto G100 is the latest budget segment smartphone launched recently by Motorola, and this smartphone comes with very amazing designs and powerful specs.
So let’s talk about the Motorola Moto G100 Specs, this phone has a 6.7-inch IPS LCD FHD+ display with 21:9 aspect ratio, and it’s powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 870 5G (7 nm) SOC.
Also, talking about the storage variants of this phone, you get to see two variants in which the first comes with 8GB RAM / 128GB internal storage and the second comes with 12GB RAM / 256GB internal storage.
Talking about the camera, the Moto G100 comes with a Quad-camera setup, with the first camera has a 64-megapixel primary camera, then second 16-megapixel ultra-wide camera, then third 2-megapixel depth sensor, and then fourth TOF 3D camera.
Moving on to the battery, the Moto G100 has a 5000 mAh big battery, and supports fast charging 20W.
So let’s move on to our guide without wasting any more time!
What Is Rooting?
Rooting an Android simply means giving your phone a superpower. Once you root your phone, you have full control over your Android System. After rooting your phone, you can install a custom kernel, custom ROM, unlock your phone and remove pre-installed applications.
But before you root your phone, it is very important to know the advantages and disadvantages of rooting an android device.
Advantages Of Rooting Moto G100?
Here are some Advantages of Rooting Moto G100
- After rooting, you can Customize your phone according to your requirements.
- You can Flash Custom Rom.
- Users will have Full Control over the smartphone.
- You can easily Take a Complete Backup of your Android phone.
- This allows Unsupported Applications and games to be installed.
Disadvantages Of Rooting Moto G100?
Here are some Disadvantages of Rooting Moto G100
- If you root your Moto G100, you will lose your Phone Warranty.
- You will not be able to receive System Updates from your phone manufacturer.
- If you miss any steps while rooting, your phone may become Completely Dead.
- You will not be able to install OTA Updates on your Moto G100.
- First, Fully charge your Moto G100. If not, then there is a high risk of been stuck in between the process.
- Make sure your phone Bootloader is unlocked.
- Also, Take Full Backup of your Moto G100.
- This guide is only for rooting Moto G100 device. Do not try this method on any other smartphone. otherwise, your phone may become unusable and dead.
Now that you have learned about the advantages and disadvantages of rooting Moto G100 smartphone let’s straight jump into the process.
Disclaimer! All the Tutorials/ methods shown in this website are not tested for every smartphone.
If anything happens to your smartphone GuidetoRoot.com is not Responsible for any loss and damage to your smartphone. So, try these methods with your Own Risk!
Steps-by-step Guide to Install TWRP On Moto G100
Make sure to complete the prerequisites mentioned above before you proceed.
- First of all, download the Platform Zip and extract it.
- After that, you need to download the TWRP recovery file of your Moto G100, you can download it from the Official Website
- Then extract the Platform Zip file to your desktop
- Now copy the TWRP Recovery.img file to the Platform folder
- Rename the recovery file to twrp.img
- Before connecting your phone to the PC, the most important step is to enable Developer options. Go to Settings → System → About Phone and then tap the build number 7 times
- Next step, Enable the USB Debugging option in settings. Go to Settings → Developer Options and enable USB Debugging option
- Then boot your phone in fastboot mode.
To do this (Switch off your phone and Press Volume down button and Power button at the same time, don’t release keys until fastboot mode is opened)
- Now type “CMD” in the address bar of the platform tool folder and then press Enter.
- As soon as you press Enter, a command window will open.
- Then connect your smartphone to PC/ Laptop and type the following command. (Remember, if you see a permission popup on your phone, then allow)
adb reboot bootloader
- The above command will boot your phone in bootloader mode.
- Once your phone boots in bootloader mode, then type the below command.
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
- Wait for some time until the flashing process is complete. Once done, type the last command to reboot the device.
- That’s it, you have successfully installed TWRP Recovery on Moto G100.
Method #1: Let’s Root Moto G100 with Magisk
Magisk root method is a very advanced and safest method. And the best part of this method is that you will receive the OTA update, and you will be able to use banking apps without any problems.
- First of all, download the latest Magisk App (Magisk Zip) file on your phone. Read This Article before use Magisk Zip, Here
- Then rename the downloaded Magisk apk file extension .apk to .zip.
- Move the Magisk zip file to your phone’s internal storage.
- Make sure you have a Custom Recovery installed on your phone.
- Now boot Moto G100 into recovery mode by pressing Volume Up + Power button simultaneously at the same time, release the power button and keep press volume up button until open TWRP Recovery mode.
- Tap on Install from the TWRP Recovery page.
- Now locate Magisk.Zip file from your internal storage and select it.
- After Tap on Swipe To Confirm Flash.
- Then Reboot your phone.
- Once your phone boots up, install Magisk App.
- You have Successfully Rooted you Moto G100 device.
Must See: How to Root Moto G100?
Method #2: Root Moto G100 Using KingoRoot
If you are looking for a method in which there is no PC is requires then KingoRoot is the best option to Root Moto G100 without PC.
- First of all, you have to download the latest KingoRoot APK.
- After that, Go to Settings then Security and then Enable Unknown Source option.
- Install this APK file on your phone.
- Now open the Kingoroot App and tap on One Click Root button.
- Your phone may reboot several times, so do not panic.
- Wait a few minutes and let the process complete.
- That’s pretty much it 🙂
Must See: Root JioPhone Next?
How to Check if Your Moto G100 Is Rooted Successfully or Not?
If you want to confirm the Root status and you want to check if your Moto G100 is Rooted successfully or not, follow the steps given below.
- First, download the Root Checker App from the Google Play Store.
- Then Open the app.
- After that, Click on “Verify Root”.
- Now, here you will see the message “Congratulations! Root access is properly installed on this device” if your device has been rooted successfully.
Must Read: Root Samsung Galaxy A01?
Please check this link if you face any problem with your Moto G100, maybe your issue resolved on this guide.
So, I have shown you the complete Step-by-Step guide on how to Root Moto G100 smartphone. I hope you find this article useful and informative.
Which method do you want to try first with this guide?
If you have any doubts or questions related to this guide, do let me know in the comment section below, and I will try to resolve your issue as soon as possible.
Thank 🙂 you for reading this article until the end and don’t forget to share this article with your friends.